|
Backstreet Boys may settle lawsuit with manager (July 20 '98)
|
|
|
Back -
Index
- Submissions
- Date: Oct 02, 2098 WILMINGTON, Del. (Reuters - Monday July 20) A Delaware judge said Monday he will put on hold a legal battle between the Backstreet Boys and their manager, Louis Pearlman, over control of the R&B pop group's corporate entity. Vice Chancellor Stephen Lamb of the Delaware Chancery Court said in a letter, "By agreement of the parties, both (related lawsuits) are stayed pending settlement or further advice from counsel." The case had been scheduled to go to trial July 17. At issue is whether an irrevocable proxy allegedly granted to Pearlman by a stockholder agreement precludes the independent exercise of voting power by band members Nick Carter, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell, A.J. McLean and Kevin Richardson. A spokeswoman for the group was unavailable for comment.
Comment on this item.
Next Item: Backstreet Boys vs. Louis Pearlman (July 18 '98) |
Translate To: Spanish German French Italian Portuguese Japanese Korean Chinese
This is a fan site. This is a Backstreet archive. This is Your site.
Serving fans since 1997.